“The days of SEO being a game outsmarting algorithms are over. Today content strategy and valuable, sustainable strategies are essential, not just tricks and links.” ~ Adam Audette, Chief Knowledge Officer, RKG
1) Create or redesign your site so you can comfortably publish blog posts. I prefer hosting my own site and maintaining it regularly. 5gbfree.com hosts for free!
2) Revisit the copywriting you created for each of your site Pages, such as “About,” “Services,” “Contact,” “Reviews,” etc. Stock each of these pages with your targeted SEO keywords for the greatest effect, but it’s not necessary right away. Play with it until it feels congruent with who you are and the kind of art or artistry that you’re selling.
3) Create your easy to use, secure money path. I suggest WooCommerce and Stripe, but your options are virtually unlimited.
4) Make your site friendly for social media sharing. Nearly all themes now have social media built right into them so you don’t have to experiment with plugins.
5) If you’re using WordPress (like 90% of the world), test every plug-in you add for compatibility, one a a time. A very wise friend turned me on to keeping a log documenting every plugin used, and how the site fared. He also shared that caching and minify-ing plugins are notorious for making a mess of WordPress sites. I don’t say this to scare you, but an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.
6) Set yourself up with a regular back up schedule. Be sure your site backs up to somewhere outside your site in case something freaky happens. If so, it will be a simple matter to fix.
7) Designate somebody trustworthy as a backup Admin on your site.
8) Use your SEO keywords in your page and post titles where possible. It rings the dinner bell for google. 🙂
9) Consistency is key. Decide on a posting schedule, set your timer, and stick with it. Like making your bed, it gets easier and easier, and is a lot more fun!