“Social is the way our work gets discovered. Content that is truly exceptional, unique, and useful can earn tremendous awareness through social media, and that social amplification often leads to great links, which leads to great rankings.” ~ Rand Fishkin, CEO/Co-Founder, Moz
- 1) Create or refresh your profile’s branding and copy writing on your 3 favorite social media networks. Customize each with your saucy or soulful tag line.
2) Ask for reviews and comments from happy clients, as appropriate.
3) Customize each profile with your SEO keywords.
4) Stay genuinely positive! Social channels are a lightening fast energetic medium.
5) Always create your own content and give attribution where people deserve it via writing, images, video, and music.
6) Stay open-minded about hiring a reputable provider in case you decide you prefer to delegate this so you can focus more on creating and refining your art.
7) The best way to have a friend is to be a friend. Consider sharing other people’s worthwhile content and giving them a shout out now and then.
8) If you want to be a thought leader in your area of expertise, be generous online. Decide in advance how much you feel comfortable giving and stay true to yourself.